Here are some additional resources you may find useful as you continue to explore single sex education and the admission process.
- Why Gender Matters: What Parents Need to Know about the Emerging Science of Sex Differences by Dr. Leonard Sax
- Boys and Girls Learn Differently by Michael Gurian
- The Dolphin Way: A Parent’s Guide To Raising Healthy, Happy And Motivated Kids, Without Turning Into A Tiger by Dr. Shimi Kang
- How Girls Thrive and Girls Will Be Girls by Dr. JoAnn Deak
- School Girls, Young Women, Self-Esteem and the Confidence Gap by Peggy Orenstein
- Girls and Young Women, Leading the Way by F.A. Karnes and S.M. Bean
- The War Against Boys: How Misguided Feminism Is Harming Our Young Men by Christina Hoff Sommers
- Boys of Few Words: Raising Our Sons to Communicate and Connect by Adam J. Cox
- Boys Adrift: The Five Factors Driving the Growing Epidemic of Unmotivated Boys and Underachieving Young Men by Dr. Leonard Sax
The Private School Admissions Process — Local educators offer insider tips on how to select and get a child admitted to the perfect school.
The War Against Boys — Christina Hoff Sommers hypothesizes that by virtually every measure, girls are thriving in school; it’s boys who are the second sex.
Don’t Wanna Be Mean, Just Wanna Be Meaningful — JoAnn Deak explores the “mean girls” scene and how to harness girls’ emotional energy for good.
Canadian Association of Independent Schools: www.cais.ca
The International Boys’ Schools Coalition: www.theibsc.org
The National Coalition of Girls Schools: www.ncgs.org
Secondary School Admission Test Board: www.ssat.org
Apple Financial Services: www.applefinancialservices.ca